NOTICE FOR U.S TRAVELERS
All U.S travellers must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test 1 day before their flight.
COVID TESTS VANCOUVER provides Next Day results for PCR testing for all U.S. bound travelers with an additional fee for the quick turn-around time. Cost: $245 + GST.
PCR TEST BOOKING
Morning/early afternoon flights (before 3pm): Book appointment before 12:00pm the day before travel (11:00am weekends) Late afternoon/evening flights (after 3pm): Book appointment in the Early afternoon the day before travel date.
FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL(S) with a 72 hour negative PCR test requirements please book your PCR test appointment 48 hours prior to your travel date.
* QR Code – Available – Delivered with your Results and Clinic Letter. ($25.00)
* Hong Kong Certificate – Available – We can provide the ISO 15189 Certificate of Accreditation for or Laboratory Processing, along with your Lab Result and Clinic Letter. ($25.00)
* Japan Certificate – Available – We Provide the form required by Japan (Physician Signed) – along with your Lab Result and Clinic Letter. ($25.00)
* Antibody (IgM serology) Test – Available for those traveling to China in addition to a Negative PCR Test and Clinic Letter. – Dual Booking for Standard RT-PCR and Anti-Body Available Total – ($315.00)
RT-PCR Nasal and Gargle Sampling Available.
STANDARDwithin 48 hours
- Tax included
RUSHwithin 24-32 hours
- Tax Included
- US Only available for appointments before 12:30PM
We are located on the 4th FLOOR of the WORLD TRADE CENTRE
- The building is located at 404-999 Canada Place Vancouver, BC V6C 3E2
- The Main Door is located to the right of Starbucks – which is located outside the Pan Pacific Hotel.
- After 6:00 PM, Please kindly Email: Info@covidtestsvancouver.ca
*IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT BUT ARE NOT SYMPTOMATIC
You may book online here: https://calendly.com/covidtestsvancouver/pcr-test
— Please use the following information to identify any Symptoms before you book!
Provided by BCCDC.CA —– You may find the following links valuable.
*BC CENTER OF DISEASE CONTROL – COVID 19*
* WHEN TO GET TESTED*
*SELF – ASSESSMENT TOOL* – https://bc.thrive.health/
*WHERE TO GET TESTED – COLLECTION CENTERS for SYMPTOMATIC https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/3862560c5a41418e9d78f4f81688e9d0
- COVID-19 Testing for Travel
At our testing site we are only able to provide COVID-19 Testing for Essential Travel only. You must be asymptomatic (showing no signs of illness) to enter our testing site.
- Workplace safety testing
We provide in-clinic for workplace and organizations. We also provide off-site COVID-19 testing any where in Metro Vancouver. Group discount is provided depending on the number of individuals. Please call us to discuss the details or outside of Metro Vancouver.
Booking online – follow these steps below
Our online booking is easy to use and secure booking system. Once you fill out the online booking form and make a deposit payment for your appointment, you will receive an appointment confirmation via e-mail shortly after and full payment will be taken at the time of the appointment.
Arrive at our testing facility
One of our qualified staff will conduct a (Nasal Swab) or (Saline Gragle) and RT PCR test will be sent the same day to the lab for testing.
You will receive an email within 24 to 48 hours. Results will then be sent, along with a letter from the doctor’s office to confirm a negative or positive result. Stay safe!
What is PCR Test?
* Nucleic acid-based testing (NAAT), also known as RT PCR, or molecular testing used to diagnose COVID-19 infection and is the most widely accepted test for travel.
“All types of PCR testing are looking for the same thing – respiratory secretions and infected cells.”
* Nasal Swab collection method for COVID-19 testing – are designed to collect samples from the nasal walls of your nostril. After the swab is collected, it is placed into a liquid, which is referred to as transport media, and sent to the laboratory to be processed and tested.
* Saline Gargle collection method for COVID-19 testing – PRIOR TO SAMPLE COLLECTION, THE PATIENT MUST AVOID EATING, DRINKING, CHEWING GUM, SMOKING, BRUSHING TEETH FOR 1 HOUR PRIOR TO COLLECTION.
Nurse will Instruct the patient to swish saline back-and-forth in their cheeks for approximately 5 seconds, then tip their
head back to gargle for 5 more seconds. They should repeat this cycle two more times, for a total of 30 seconds – When complete, spit the saline gargle into the dry sterile container and sent to the laboratory to be processed and tested.
INTRODUCTION TO COVID 19 TESTING
COVID-19 PCR testing facility for asymptomatic patients for travel and workplace safety.
How and when to book my appointment?
To book, please check our online booking section:
For PCR we suggest to book 2 days before travel (depending on the destination)
Currently, our turnaround time for PCR test result is approximately 24-36 hours.
Sept. 1 – Appointment
Sept. 2 – Results and letter via email sent to you in the evening
Sept. 3 – Departure
How long does it take to get the results?
PCR: Due to high demand, Lifelab cannot guarantee that the result will arrive on time and our clinic has no control over when we receive the result and can take 24-48 hours. Currently, it takes 24 hours for the result to arrive from Lifelab.
Rapid antigen: The test takes 15 minutes and we can process the results in around 45 minutes. We can also send the results via email.
How much does it cost?
PCR nasal or gargle test:
PCR + Serum antibody test:
Rapid antigen nasal test:
What kind of COVID-19 test is it and is it approved?
For PCR test, we conduct the nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) also known as RT-PCR test which is the golden standard for detecting the virus. The specimen is collected via nasal swab. Our PCR tests are approved by Canadian health authorities and are recognized by all airlines and countries.
The rapid antigen test we use are Health Canada approved and recognized for travel by border services and airlines. They are approved for USA and UK as well as other countries.
Do you offer serum antibody testing?
We offer the serum antibody (IgM) testing if needed by your destination country and the airline. This is a blood test conducted at LifeLabs. Both tests are approved by Canadian health authorities and are recognized by all airlines and countries.
Will my test be covered by BC. MSP plan?
Since the tests are for travel and occupational purposes for asymptomatic individuals, they are private pay service and are not covered by B.C. MSP plan.
Is there any thing I need to bring when I come in for the test?
As our clinic is following all the COVID-19 prevention guidelines, we do require that you wear a mask at all times and follow social distancing practices.
Please bring a picture ID, e.g. Driver’s Licence or Passport. If you are a resident of BC, please bring your Care Card with you when you come in.
Does your clinic provide offsite workplace testing for occupational health purposes?
Yes, we do provide onsite testing for all workplace and organization sites. Please call us to discuss the details and we will make arrange accordingly.
Please check with IATA Travel Regulations Map for current restrictions and testing requirements.